If you’re not into fries, we’ll bet your choice is onion rings. Here’s a recipe that makes onion rings as tasty as their deep fried artery blocking cousins, but without the health risks.
- 2 medium onions
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
1 tablespoon all purpose seasoning
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Slice onions and separate into rings.
- Place in a bowl of water.
Mix coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and seasoning together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl.
- Dip wet onion ring in dry mixture, then egg, then roll in dry mixture again.
Place on baking tray and bake for around 10 minutes before turning each ring (or you can just stir them).
- Continue baking until brown and very crispy on both sides.
This recipe comes from Healthy Junk, get your copy here.
Pin for later: bit.ly/HJonionringspin