Mince Layer Ingredients:
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 glove garlic
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup fresh oregano
2 carrots, grated or finely diced
- 10 mushrooms, finely diced
600g lean grass fed beef mince
- 1 litre (4 cups) tomato puree
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 2 – 3 generous tablespoons
- no salt tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
1 large eggplant, sliced into 1 cm thin slices
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Mince Layer Instructions:
Sauté the onion, garlic, carrot and mushrooms in a little olive oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add the beef and cook for 5 – 10 minutes until browned.
- Stir through the tomato paste and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato and paprika.
Cover the pot and cook over a low heat for 30minutes until the sauce is thick and rich.
- Season to taste and set the pot aside.
Cauliflower Layer Instructions:
Blend cauliflower and 2 egg whites together until it’s a puree and then stir through fresh basil and parsley.
Eggplant layer Instructions:
Pan fry eggplant pieces in a pan for 1 minute in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt and pepper before layering in Lasagne
In a baking tray or lasagne dish, start layering the eggplant , then mince, then cauliflower sauce.
- Keep layering until you fill baking dish, finishing with cauliflower sauce on top
- Cook in the oven, at 180°C (355°F), for 40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and a few cherry tomatoes.
This recipe comes from Healthy Junk, get your copy here.
Pin for later: bit.ly/HJlasagnepin