Ooh baby. Custard. Amazing hot over freshly cooked cakes, or cold in a glass. Custard. It even sounds delicious. Custard.
- 500 ml coconut milk
2 whole free range/organic eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- pinch nutmeg
Heat milk in a saucepan with vanilla and coconut nectar and bring to almost boiling point, then remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs and flour in a stainless steel mixing bowl until combined.
- Pour the hot milk over the eggs and whisk in well.
Pour the whole mixture back into the saucepan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until it thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from the heat quickly and pour back into the mixing bowl.
Whisk well to cool a little and smooth it out. If you see any lumps then strain through a sieve.
- Serve hot or cold and enjoy.
This recipe comes from Healthy Junk, get your copy here
Pin it for later: bit.ly/HJcustardpin