Tomato Sauce, it’s good on just about anything. Make your own, and avoid all the hidden nasties of the bought stuff.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 400g can tomato puree
- 170g tomato paste (no salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Heat oil and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Pour in vinegars, coconut nectar and salt.
- Bring to boil before adding tomato puree and paste.
- Bring to boil again before adding cloves and oregano.
- simmer for 20 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store on glass jar in fridge for up to 2 weeks
This recipe comes from Healthy Junk, get your copy here.
Pin it for later: bit.ly/HJtomatosaucepin