Chicken nuggets, every kids favourite in their happy meals. Now you can make them at home and they don’t need to be limited to 6 - give them as many as they want because they are healthy!
(makes around 20)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Mix coconut flour, shredded coconut and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Beat egg in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken cube in egg, then roll in dry mixture.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add coconut oil when hot.
- Pan fry nuggets until chicken is cooked through.
- serve with some Healthy Junk tomato sauce
The following nutrition comparison is for a 6 piece pack.
This recipe can be found on page 88 of the first Healthy Junk cookbook.