Friday carb load before the big game!
Except that we overeat and the big game becomes the big lame.
“I got a stitch,” or that really heavy in the guts feeling are a thing of the past with our delicious, light spag-bol recipe that tastes exactly like the nasty version!
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 10 mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 glove garlic
- 500g lean grass fed beef mince (or kangaroo for extra leanness!)
- 2 – 3 generous tablespoons no salt tomato paste
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh oregano
- Sauté the onion, garlic, carrot and mushrooms in a little olive oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add the beef and cook for 5 – 10 minutes until browned.
- Stir through the tomato paste and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add tomato and paprika.
- Cover the pot and bubble over a low heat for 30minutes until the sauce is thick and rich
- For the last 10 minutes, throw in the basil and oregano
- Serve over our zucchini spaghetti
Click here to pin this recipe for later
This recipe comes from Healthy Junk